Over-the-range microwaves are a great way to save counter space in your kitchen. However, installing them may seem like a daunting task. Fortunately, you can install one by yourself or with the help of our experienced handyman in Hinsdale, IL.
When it comes to securing the microwave to the wall, many people are afraid it will eventually fall out. This is not the case, and it is relatively easy to secure the appliance. Once you hook it onto the studs properly, you’re nearly done! There is a special mounting plate that attaches to these studs, and the microwave then connects to the plate, making it almost impossible for it to fall.
Wiring the microwave may also seem like a difficult task, but it is even less challenging than it looks. If you do not purchase a plug-in microwave, you may need some intermediate electrical skills to wire it. Fortunately, a hand-wired microwave can easily be installed by our handyman at Fuller’s Home & Hardware.
You may also struggle with wondering where to drill the holes for all of the cords and exhausts. Many built-in microwaves will come with paper templates that can be applied to the wall temporarily. These templates will show you exactly where to drill so the holes will line up perfectly with the equipment.
A hole in your drywall can be unsightly, and you may not know where to start when it comes to repairs. Fortunately, drywall holes can be an easy fix with the right materials. Small holes require a dab of spackle and some light sanding, but larger holes are a little more challenging.
To fix a large hole in your drywall, you will need the following materials:
- Drywall screws
- Square section of drywall at least 2 inches larger than the hole on all sides
- Mesh joint tape
- Utility knife
- Cordless drill
- Drywall saw or jigsaw
- Drywall joint compound
- Two strips of 2-inch wide plywood
You want to start by cutting away any loose parts around the hole, such as paper or hanging chunks of material. Then draw a square around the hole extending half an inch past the edge. Cut along the lines and insert the plywood stripes behind the hole. Drill the strips into the wall to create the framework for the new piece of drywall to rest on. Then cut the drywall to fit the newly created square hole and apply with screws, drywall mesh, and joint compound.
A large hole in your drywall is an easier fix than you might think. Many hardware stores will sell the materials needed to complete the task yourself, or you can contact our handyman in Hinsdale, IL, to get the job finished correctly by a professional. Reach out to Fuller’s Home & Hardware today for all of your handyman needs!
A handyman in Hinsdale, IL, is available to complete a variety of small jobs that may be just a little out of your experience zone. From replacing a toilet to installing a washing machine, a handyman can complete any task you are unable, or unwilling, to do yourself. Below are just a couple small tasks that can be achieved by your local handyman to ensure a job is done correctly.
- Paint touch-ups: Whether you have a pet that can’t stop scratching or somehow ended up with severe marks on the wall, a handyman can help you fix up the missing or messed up paint Hiring a handyman for a paint touch-up will ensure every step is done perfectly and that you won’t need to repaint over any errors over time.
- Changing a light fixture: Updating the lighting in your home can easily add a new look to any space. Though the task sounds simple enough, it may be better suited to a handyman if you are inexperienced with electrical wiring.
- Installing a faucet: Whether yours no longer works or you’re just looking for an updated appearance, a handyman can efficiently assist with the installation. You want to ensure all of the plumbing is set up correctly, and your local handyman in Hinsdale, IL, will be able to do just that.
- Cleaning your gutters: If you simply don’t have time to clean out your gutters this summer, allow a handyman to do the job for you. They will be able to have all of the necessary tools to tackle even the most stubborn of clogs in your gutters and downspouts.
At Fuller’s Home & Hardware, we are known for supplying people with the tools they need around the house including vacuums, trimmers, blowers, lawn mowers, power washers, lamps, generators, and more. Even though we offer these products at great prices, we do not stop there because we provide the community with handyman services. Check out a couple of reasons why you should choose our team to help you with upcoming projects around the house.
Variety of Services- We are proud to provide the community of Hinsdale, IL, with a vast array of services including electrical, plumbing, and remodeling. We also offer handyman services that range from moving furniture to cleaning out the gutters.
Trusted Team- We have been helping people throughout the community for the past 15 years with handyman services. Our friendly team members are respectful of your home and your family every time we visit and provide one of our many services.
Remember, the next time you need a handyman in Hinsdale, IL, you can rely on Fuller’s Home & Hardware. We have a list of our services on our website, but if you need assistance with a service that is not currently on our website, give us a call at (630) 323-7750 and ask if we can assist you.